The Hastel WiCOM-Alert provides a reliable, long range wireless solution for a alarm and monitoring applications.
Either combined with our GSM based equipment or local relay board multiple alerts may be centralised and turned into action. Already successfully integrated into client applications, the WiCOM-Alert offers a cost-effective solution to your problem.
- Communicates with all our radio enabled equipment
- Long range (up to 4 kilometers line of sight)
- Licence free operation on 2.4GHz (802.15.4 LR-WPAN) - see FAQ below
- 16 channels
- 2.405 GHz to 2.480 GHz
- 9.6V battery pack
- 5 years battery life (average transmission interval)
- How often is an integrety message transmitted?
Typically once every fifteen minutes
- Doesn't WiFi interfere with your device?
The short answer is no! The longer answer is that it is designed to co-exist. Both WiFi and the CSMA-CA scheme used on 802.15.4 look for clear spaces to transmit into and therefore avoid 'collisions'.
- Can the transmissions be seen or hacked?
channels are different from WiFi and can't be snooped on by domestic equipment. In addition the very short bursts would be hard to capture and finally 128bit encryption may be employed.
- The range seems long compared to my network at home, why?
The performance of the 802.15.4 transmission is between 7 and 18 dB better than that of 802.11b. This can be directly translated to a range increase from 2 to 8 times the distance for the same energy per bit, or an exponential increase in reliability at any given range. We also use the highest permissable levels of power.